Tight musculature is when your muscles become stiff, and rigid, making it more difficult to move especially after sitting or staying in the same position for an extended period of time. Tight muscles can occur for a few different reasons:
- Muscle spasm following an injury in an attempt to prevent further injury
- Soreness/stiffness following heavy physical exertion
- Life’s daily requirements aka “stress”
How Do Tight Muscles Affect You?
At Catalyst, we usually see tightness in the muscles of the upper back and neck. Often times this musculature gets tight due to stress and life’s daily requirements. Stress has a way and causing the upper trapezius muscles to become contracted and stiff, pulling on the back of the head and leading to pain and headaches.
Who Can Benefit?
- People under a lot of stress
- Parents of young children
- Fitness junkies that exercise 3+ times/week.
- Those that spend a lot of time sitting in front of a screen
How Do We Help?
We address tightness by adjusting the spine in the associated regions if indicated. In addition to adjusting restricted regions, we make sure that we address the musculature in these areas as well. We do so utilizing modalities that include:
- Electric Stimulation
- Myofascial Release
- Wet Cupping Therapy
- Hypervolt Therapy
Our goal is to loosen up these tight muscles, alleviating pain and discomfort and to get you moving better than you were.