by Matthew Mundorf, DC
Here’s a quick video of a full adjustment. Check it out.
What does an adjustment look like? Does an adjustment hurt? How long does it take? I’m afraid of my neck being adjusted. Do I have to be cracked? What is the popping sound?
These are all things we hear on a regular basis at Catalyst Chiropractic. I decided to post a video of one of my patients being adjusted. She is an active mom, values chiropractic care, and gets adjusted regularly. I will add, that she also utilizes myofascial release in conjunction with a majority of her her adjustments.
- Does an adjustment hurt? Adjustments DO NOT hurt.
- How long does it take? They can take anywhere from 2 to 7 minutes. We will offer complimentary E-Stim and a heat pack for 10-15 minutes prior to an adjustment.
- I’m afraid of my neck being adjusted. If you are afraid of your neck being adjusted, that’s fine…we will not make you have your neck adjusted.
- Do I have to be cracked? No. We can adjust you utilizing an Activator. An Activator is an instrument that helps us to adjust people, children, and infants that either don’t want to be “cracked” or shouldn’t be “cracked.”
- What is the popping sound? The joints of your spine are known as synovial joints. Synovial joints have fluid and gas in them. When we adjust a spinal segment, the quick change in pressure causes the gas to be released from the joint.
I hope this answers some of your questions. If you or someone you know could benefit from chiropractic care, and they’ve been hesitant to try it… mention us to them and we would love to help them with gentle and effective care.